This is a quick step by step guide to take screenshots for submission to App Store. It works on Yosemite, requiring QuickTime Player and connecting iOS device to Mac via Lightning connector.
- Connect iOS device to Mac (Yosemite)
- Open QuickTime Player
- Choose File - New Movie Recording
- from the dropdown list to the right of the record button, select the connected iOS device as ‘Camera’
- Start recording, play with your app, stop recording
- Play the recorded movie to the frame you want and pause, then press CMD+C
- Open Preview.app, press CMD+E
- Save the pasted screenshot, be sure to uncheck ‘Alpha’ since iTunes Connect would reject the screenshot if it has alpha channel
- Upload it to iTunes Connect
Bonus: you don’t have to remove the status bar from the screenshot.
Bonus 2: the time on the status bar will be 9:411, is that awesome?